Toxic Mould – How Safe is Your Home?

Toxic Mould – How Safe is Your Home?

Toxic Mould – How Safe Is Your Home?

Whenever you say the word mould people get the impression of stale, horrible looking products whether it is on food or objects.   Mould is fungus made up of multicellular filaments called hyphae.

In order for mould to grow it requires certain conditions including the following:-

  • A base i.e. wood or material.
  • Darkness.
  • Warmth – cosy snug areas such as behind cupboards or in airing cupboards. Just as when your bread goes mouldy, it is because it is stored in a container or a bread bag keeping it warm.
  • Oxygen and moisture.

Therefore, one of the key causes of mould in the home is water leaks which are a primary cause.


One of the worst mould scenarios is if there is a water leak in a part of the property you cannot access, such as behind walls, fitted wardrobes, under floorboards or in ceiling structures.

Mould is not a nice problem to have and results in many items having to be replaced, especially if it has eaten in to materials such as curtains or carpet, an expense you could do without.

However, what a lot of people do not realise is that serious bouts of mould, known as Black Mould, can be dangerous to the health of you and your family.  Black mould is the worse type of mould you can get, it is toxic and is primarily known to grow in areas of high condensation and water damage.

If you have a suspicion that mould is collecting within your property due to a bad smell, or if you can actually see mould collecting on even the smallest areas within your home, the quicker you take action, the sooner you will begin to manage what could become a huge problem.

Luckily today, there are ways to find the source of the damp that leads to mould build up where the latest technologies can be deployed to quickly find and halt the continued spread of mould in your home.

For information on how we can help if you suspect a leak, consult LeakDTech’s professionals now!

We stop water leaks from making your home look bleak

We stop water leaks from making your home look bleak

Every home is considered to be an extension of its inhabitants. Each room within a house reflects the personality of its dweller(s). An unattended (or unnoticed) water leak can make your guests leave with a reminiscence of your recklessness in terms of house care. Apart from that, what matters more is the unease it causes to the occupants itself.

Specialising in residential properties as one of its areas of expertise, Leak Dtech completely understands the concerns faced by people who find an unwanted water leakage and damage to be present in their home. Following are the 3 most common problems that we found to be the fundamental besets, as often reported by our residential clients over our past three years of service:

Mold: Mold is often a dark or fluffy formation caused by dampness, that appears on the walls and can be scrubbed off easily by a simple rub of your finger. Mold is a sign of unwanted moisture in your home and as such a possible undetected problem.

High DEWA Bills: Giving away extra money in water bills and losing a valued natural resource, losses can more than double when a water leak happens. If you notice a sudden spike in you bills it could be indicative that there is a hidden problem. We inspect your entire property inside and out to find any existing or unknown problems.

Emergencies: An emergency can occur anytime, especially when an existing water leak goes untreated when it was just a minor drippage. Not only do we stop the existing unwanted flow of water, we also double check the fix to ensure that the leakage does not re-occur again shortly after

GET IN TOUCH